How to Fix TLS Error When Downloading a Video File
Have you ever encountered a TLS error when trying to download a video file from a website? This error means that the secure connection between your browser and the server has failed, and the file cannot be downloaded. This can be frustrating, especially if you need the video file for your work or personal use.
In this article, we will explain what causes this error and how to fix it. We will also show you how to convert the video file from .webm format to .mp4 format, which is more widely supported by different devices and platforms.
What Causes TLS Error?
TLS stands for Transport Layer Security, which is a protocol that encrypts and authenticates the data exchanged between your browser and the server. TLS ensures that your online communication is secure and private.
However, sometimes TLS can fail due to various reasons, such as:
- A firewall or antivirus software blocking the connection.
- A NAT gateway or router not forwarding the port number 1194, which is used by OpenVPN.
- A wrong or outdated server address in the OpenVPN client configuration file.
- A Windows firewall not allowing access for the openvpn.exe binary.
These are some of the common causes of TLS error, but there may be other factors involved depending on your specific situation.
How to Fix TLS Error?
To fix TLS error, you need to troubleshoot the possible causes and apply the appropriate solutions. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Check your firewall or antivirus settings and make sure they are not blocking the connection. You may need to whitelist openvpn.exe or add an exception for port 1194.
- Check your NAT gateway or router settings and make sure they have a port forward rule for TCP/UDP 1194 to the internal address of the OpenVPN server machine.
- Check your OpenVPN client configuration file and make sure it has the correct server address. The remote directive in the file must point to either the server itself or the public IP address of the server network’s gateway.
- Check your Windows firewall settings and make sure they are allowing access for openvpn.exe. You may need to add it to the “Exceptions” list.
If none of these steps work, you may need to contact your network administrator or VPN provider for further assistance.
How to Convert .webm File to .mp4 File?
If you manage to download the video file but it is in .webm format, you may encounter another problem: some devices and platforms do not support this format. For example, Sway will not accept a .webm file as a ‘drag and drop’ or as an embed. You will need to convert the file to .mp4 format, which is more widely supported.
There are many tools and websites that can help you convert .webm files to .mp4 files, such as Duo Video Converter, which is a free download from the MS store. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Download and install Duo Video Converter from here.
- Launch the app and click on “Add Files” button to select the .webm file you want to convert.
- Select “MP4” as the output format and choose a destination folder for the converted file.
- Click on “Convert” button and wait for the process to finish.
- You can now play or share your converted .mp4 file as you wish.