Who is Ashley Fox? A brief introduction to the former MEP and knight
Ashley Fox is a British politician who served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for South West England and Gibraltar from 2009 to 2019. He was also the leader of the Conservatives in the European Parliament from 2014 to 2019. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2019 for his services to politics.
But who is Ashley Fox and what did he do before and after his political career? Here are some facts about him that you may not know.
- He was born on 15 November 1969 in Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, England. He studied law at Bristol Polytechnic and qualified as a solicitor in 1994. He worked for 15 years as a solicitor in Bristol, specialising in insurance litigation.
- He was active in local politics since 1998, when he became the chairman of Bristol West Conservative Association. He stood as the Conservative candidate for Bath at the General Election in 2001, finishing second with 29.1% of the vote. He was elected as councillor for Westbury-on-Trym on Bristol City Council in 2002 and held the position for eight years.
- He was first elected to the European Parliament in 2009 and was re-elected in 2014. He served as Chief Whip of the European Conservative & Reformists Group (ECR) from 2010 to 2014 before being elected Leader of the British Conservative Delegation in November 2014. He was one of the most influential British MEPs and advocated for a close relationship between the UK and the EU after Brexit.
- He lost his seat in the European Parliament in 2019, when the Brexit Party won most of the seats in South West England and Gibraltar. He said he was proud of his achievements and thanked his supporters for their trust.
- He was appointed a Knight Bachelor by Theresa May in her resignation honours list on 10 September 2019. He said he was honoured and humbled by the recognition and dedicated it to his family, staff and colleagues.
- He currently chairs the Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens’ Rights Agreements, which oversees the rights of EU citizens living in the UK and UK citizens living in the EU after Brexit. He said he was delighted to take on this important role and ensure that both sides respect their commitments.
- He lives in Bristol with his wife Julia, Lady Fox and their two children. He enjoys reading, gardening and watching rugby.
- Ashley Fox – Wikipedia
- Ashley Fox (@foxyashleyfox) â¢ Instagram photos and videos
- About Ashley | Top Keynote Speaker | Ashley Fox
- Ashley M. Fox – CEO & Financial Education Specialist – LinkedIn
- Independent Monitoring Authority for the Citizens’ Rights Agreements appoints Chair and Board Members – GOV.UK
- BBC NEWS | VOTE2001 | RESULTS & CONSTITUENCIES | Bath
- Theresa May’s resignation honours list published – BBC News
- where to buy innersense
- M Huncho – Pee Pee
- buy oil by the drum
- miko hayama