Blister Pack: What Is It and Why You Need It
A blister pack is a type of packaging that consists of a pre-formed plastic shell that holds a product securely in place. The plastic shell is usually attached to a paperboard backing or foil seal that can be easily peeled off or punctured to access the product.
Blister packs are commonly used for packaging pharmaceuticals, such as pills, capsules, and lozenges, as well as small consumer goods, such as batteries, toys, and electronics. Blister packs offer several advantages over other types of packaging, such as:
- Protection: Blister packs protect the product from moisture, oxygen, light, and contamination, ensuring its quality and shelf life.
- Tamper-evidence: Blister packs make it easy to detect if the product has been tampered with or opened, as the plastic shell or foil seal will show signs of damage.
- Convenience: Blister packs are easy to open and use, as the product can be popped out of the plastic shell with minimal effort. Blister packs are also portable and compact, making them ideal for travel and storage.
- Compliance: Blister packs can help consumers adhere to their medication regimen, as each dose is individually packaged and labeled with the product name, dosage, and expiration date.
- Marketing: Blister packs can enhance the visual appeal and brand recognition of the product, as the plastic shell can be molded into various shapes and colors, and the paperboard backing or foil seal can be printed with logos, graphics, and information.
If you are looking for a reliable and cost-effective way to package your products, blister pack may be the solution you need. Contact us today to find out how we can help you design and produce high-quality blister packs for your business.
In this article, we will introduce you to some of the common types of blister pack and their features. Depending on your product type, size, shape, and budget, you can choose the best blister pack for your needs.
Face Seal Blister Pack
A face seal blister pack is the simplest and most economical type of blister pack. It consists of a plastic blister that has a flange around its perimeter. The flange is heat-sealed to a paperboard card that has a coating on one side. The product is visible through the plastic blister and the card can be printed with information and graphics. A face seal blister pack is suitable for lightweight and low-cost products that do not require high protection or tamper-evidence.
Full Face Seal Blister Pack
A full face seal blister pack is similar to a face seal blister pack, except that the plastic flange covers the entire front of the paperboard card. This provides more security and durability to the package, as well as more space for printing. A full face seal blister pack is ideal for products that need more protection from moisture, dust, and light, or that have a higher value or brand image.
Trap Blister Pack
A trap blister pack is a type of blister pack that uses two paperboard cards to sandwich a plastic blister. The front card has a die-cut hole that matches the shape of the blister. The flange of the blister is trapped between the two cards and sealed with adhesive or heat. A trap blister pack offers excellent tamper-evidence and protection for the product, as well as more printing options on both sides of the cards. A trap blister pack is suitable for products that are heavy, fragile, or expensive.
Slide Blister Pack
A slide blister pack is a type of blister pack that has a plastic sleeve that slides over a paperboard tray. The tray holds the product securely in place and can be printed with information and graphics. The sleeve can be transparent or opaque, and can have a perforation or tear strip for easy opening. A slide blister pack is convenient and attractive, and can be reused or recycled. A slide blister pack is perfect for products that are bulky, irregular, or require multiple pieces.