How to Buy Asiatic Lily Bulbs Online
Asiatic lilies are one of the most popular and easy to grow flowers in the world. They come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes, and they bloom from early summer to fall. If you want to add some beauty and fragrance to your garden, you might be wondering how to buy asiatic lily bulbs online.
Buying asiatic lily bulbs online is a convenient and affordable way to get high-quality bulbs that will produce stunning flowers. However, there are some things you need to consider before you place your order. Here are some tips on how to buy asiatic lily bulbs online:
- Choose a reputable online nursery. You want to buy from a nursery that has a good reputation, a large selection of bulbs, and a guarantee of quality and freshness. You can check the reviews and ratings of the nursery on their website or on third-party platforms like Trustpilot or Google Reviews. You can also ask for recommendations from other gardeners or friends who have bought asiatic lily bulbs online before.
- Select the right variety and quantity of bulbs. Asiatic lilies come in many different varieties, such as dwarf, tall, double, spotted, or bicolor. You need to choose the variety that suits your preferences and your garden conditions. You also need to decide how many bulbs you want to buy, depending on the size of your planting area and the desired effect. Generally, you should plant about 3 to 5 bulbs per square foot for a dense display.
- Check the shipping and delivery details. You want to buy asiatic lily bulbs online when they are in season, which is usually from late winter to early spring. This way, you can plant them as soon as possible after receiving them. You also want to make sure that the nursery ships the bulbs in a secure and ventilated package, and that they provide tracking information and delivery confirmation. You should also check the shipping costs and delivery time, and choose the option that works best for you.
- Follow the planting and care instructions. Once you receive your asiatic lily bulbs online, you need to plant them as soon as possible in a well-drained soil with plenty of organic matter. You should plant them about 6 inches deep and 8 inches apart, with the pointed end facing up. You should also water them well after planting and keep them moist but not soggy throughout the growing season. You should also fertilize them once or twice a year with a balanced fertilizer, and remove the faded flowers to encourage more blooming.
By following these tips, you can buy asiatic lily bulbs online and enjoy their beautiful flowers in your garden. Asiatic lilies are a great choice for any gardener who wants to add some color and charm to their outdoor space.
How to Care for Asiatic Lilies After Blooming
Asiatic lilies are perennial plants that will come back year after year if you take good care of them. After they finish blooming, you need to do some maintenance work to ensure their health and vigor. Here are some steps on how to care for asiatic lilies after blooming:
- Cut off the flower stems. You should cut off the flower stems as close to the ground as possible, using a sharp and clean pair of scissors or pruners. This will prevent the plant from wasting energy on producing seeds, and instead focus on storing nutrients in the bulbs for the next season.
- Leave the foliage intact. You should not cut off the leaves or stems of the asiatic lilies, as they are still photosynthesizing and feeding the bulbs. You should leave them alone until they turn yellow and wither, which usually happens in late fall or early winter. Then you can gently pull them out or cut them off at the base.
- Mulch the soil. You should apply a layer of organic mulch, such as straw, pine needles, or shredded leaves, around the base of the asiatic lilies. This will help retain moisture, regulate temperature, and protect the bulbs from frost and rodents. You should avoid using heavy or wet mulch, such as grass clippings or peat moss, as they can cause rotting or suffocation of the bulbs.
- Divide the bulbs if needed. You should check the size and number of the bulbs every few years, and divide them if they become overcrowded or produce smaller flowers. You should do this in late fall or early spring, when the plants are dormant. You should carefully dig up the clumps of bulbs, separate them gently by hand or with a knife, and replant them in new locations with fresh soil and compost.
By following these steps, you can care for your asiatic lilies after blooming and ensure their longevity and beauty. Asiatic lilies are low-maintenance plants that will reward you with stunning flowers every summer.
How to Buy Asiatic Lily Bulbs in Bulk
If you have a large garden or want to share your love of asiatic lilies with your friends and family, you might be interested in buying asiatic lily bulbs in bulk. Buying asiatic lily bulbs in bulk can save you money and time, as well as give you more variety and options. However, you need to be careful and smart when buying asiatic lily bulbs in bulk. Here are some tips on how to buy asiatic lily bulbs in bulk:
- Compare prices and quality. You should shop around and compare prices and quality of different online nurseries that offer asiatic lily bulbs in bulk. You should look for nurseries that have good reviews, ratings, and customer service. You should also check the size, grade, and health of the bulbs they offer. You should avoid buying from nurseries that have low prices but poor quality or reputation.
- Choose a mix of varieties. You should choose a mix of varieties of asiatic lily bulbs that suit your preferences and your garden conditions. You can choose from different colors, shapes, sizes, and blooming times of asiatic lilies. You can also choose from different collections or assortments that have been pre-selected by experts or customers. You should avoid buying too many of the same variety or too many different varieties that might clash or compete with each other.
- Order at the right time. You should order your asiatic lily bulbs in bulk at the right time, which is usually from late winter to early spring. This way, you can get fresh and healthy bulbs that are ready to be planted as soon as possible. You should also order early enough to ensure availability and delivery before the planting season. You should avoid ordering too late or too early, as this might affect the quality or availability of the bulbs.
- Store them properly until planting. You should store your asiatic lily bulbs in bulk properly until you are ready to plant them. You should keep them in a cool, dry, dark, and well-ventilated place, such as a basement, garage, or shed. You should also check them regularly for signs of rotting,