Who is Daisy Dalton? A Look at the Life and Work of the London-Based Photographer and Film Maker
Daisy Dalton is a name that you may have seen on Twitter, Instagram, or in various exhibitions. She is a London-based photographer and film maker who captures life as it is today, from around the world. Working predominantly with 35mm film, she creates a juxtaposition between culturally current photographs with the timeless medium of film.
In this article, we will explore who Daisy Dalton is, what inspires her work, and some of her most notable projects.
Who is Daisy Dalton?
Daisy Dalton was born in St. Kitts, a small island in the Caribbean. She moved to Canada when she was young, and then to London, where she currently resides. She has a degree in photography from the University of Westminster, and has been working as a freelance photographer and film maker since 2015.
She describes herself as a “visual storyteller” who uses photography and film to document the world around her. She is interested in exploring themes such as identity, culture, social issues, and human emotions. She often travels to different countries and regions to capture the diversity and beauty of life.
Some of her influences include photographers such as Nan Goldin, Martin Parr, Larry Clark, and Vivian Maier. She also draws inspiration from music, movies, books, and everyday experiences.
What are some of her notable projects?
Daisy Dalton has worked on various projects, both personal and commissioned. Some of her personal projects include:
- London Calling: A series of portraits of Londoners from different backgrounds and walks of life.
- The Caribbean: A collection of photographs that showcase the culture, landscape, and people of the Caribbean islands.
- Girls: A project that celebrates the beauty, strength, and diversity of women around the world.
- Boys: A project that explores the masculinity, vulnerability, and individuality of men around the world.
Some of her commissioned projects include:
- Vice: A documentary film about the underground rave scene in London.
- Nike: A campaign that features athletes and influencers wearing Nike products.
- Spotify: A series of photographs that illustrate different genres and moods of music.
- H&M: A lookbook that showcases the latest trends and styles from H&M.
Where can you find her work?
If you want to see more of Daisy Dalton’s work, you can follow her on social media or visit her website. Here are some links to her online platforms:
You can also check out some of her exhibitions that are currently or upcoming in various locations. Here are some examples:
- London Calling: At The Photographers’ Gallery in London from May 1st to June 30th 2023.
- The Caribbean: At The National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. from July 15th to September 15th 2023.
- Girls: At The Museum of Modern Art in New York from October 1st to December 31st 2023.
- Boys: At The Tate Modern in London from January 15th to March 15th 2024.
Daisy Dalton is a talented and versatile photographer and film maker who has a unique vision and style. Her work reflects her passion for capturing life as it is today, from around the world. She is one of the rising stars in the field of photography and film making, and you should definitely