How to Create Custom Windows Installer Packages with EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter
EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter is a tool that allows you to create Windows Installer (MSI) packages from existing installations. This can be useful for several reasons, such as creating standardized installation packages for deployment to an organization or creating backups of existing installations.
In this article, we will show you how to use EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter to create an MSI package from an existing installation of a software application. We will also show you how to download a keygen that can generate a license code for the program.
Step 1: Download and Install EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter
You can download EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter from the official website[^1^]. The program is available as an EXE installer that is 123.88 MB in size. You can get a free 30-days trial of the program, which provides access to all features of the program. After the trial period expires, you have to register the program to continue using it.
To install the program, run the EXE installer and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to accept the license agreement and choose a destination folder for the program files. You can also choose whether to create a desktop shortcut and a start menu entry for the program.
Step 2: Repackage an Existing Installation into an MSI Package
EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter allows you to repackage an existing installation into an MSI package using two methods: monitoring and manual.
The monitoring method involves running the original installation and capturing all the changes it makes to the system, such as files, folders, registry keys, etc. The program then creates an MSI package that reproduces those changes on another system.
The manual method involves adding files, folders, registry keys, etc. manually to the MSI package. You can also specify installation options, such as the installation directory and any required command line arguments.
In this example, we will use the monitoring method to repackage an existing installation of Notepad++ into an MSI package. Notepad++ is a free text editor that supports multiple programming languages and features.
To repackage Notepad++ into an MSI package using the monitoring method, follow these steps:
- Launch EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter and click on the “New Project” button on the toolbar.
- Select “Repackage Installation” as the project type and click “Next”.
- Select “Monitoring” as the repackaging method and click “Next”.
- Specify a name and a location for the project file and click “Next”.
- Specify a name and a version for the MSI package and click “Next”.
- Select “Run Installation” as the source type and click “Next”.
- Browse for the EXE installer of Notepad++ and click “Next”. You can download Notepad++ from its official website[^2^].
- Click “Start Monitoring” to begin capturing the changes made by the installation.
- Run the EXE installer of Notepad++ and follow the instructions on the screen. You can choose any installation options you want.
- When the installation is finished, click “Stop Monitoring” in EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter.
- The program will analyze the captured data and display it in a tree view. You can review and edit the data if needed.
- Click “Build” on the toolbar to create the MSI package. You can specify a location for saving the MSI package file.
Congratulations! You have successfully repackaged Notepad++ into an MSI package using EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter. You can now deploy this package to other systems using various methods, such as through Group Policy or a third-party deployment tool.
Step 3: Download a Keygen for EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter
If you want to use EMCO MSI Package Builder Starter beyond the trial period, you will need to register it with a license code. A license code is a unique combination of letters and numbers that activates the program.
You can purchase a license code from the official website