How to Download and Install PS3 Eye Driver for Windows 10
If you have a PS3 Eye camera (model: sleh-00448) and you want to use it on your Windows 10 PC, you might be wondering how to download and install the driver for it. There are two options you can try: one is using a free program called CL-Eye Driver, and the other is using an open source driver called PS3 Eye open driver. In this article, we will show you how to use both methods and compare their pros and cons.
Method 1: Using CL-Eye Driver
CL-Eye Driver is a free program that allows you to use your PS3 Eye camera on Windows. It is easy to install and use, but it has some limitations. Here are the steps to use CL-Eye Driver:
- Download the CL-Eye Driver from this link: https://archive.org/download/CLEyeDriver5.3.0.0341Emuline/CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341-Emuline.exe[^2^]
- Install the program on your PC. Do not connect your PS3 Eye camera to your PC before the program has been installed.
- Restart your PC after installing the program.
- Connect your PS3 Eye camera to your PC via USB port.
- Open the CL-Eye Driver program from your desktop or start menu. You should see a T-shaped black webcam icon that looks just like your PS3 Eye camera.
- On the top left of the program, you can choose the “devices” option and select your PS3 Eye camera if you have more than one webcam connected.
- You can also adjust the settings of your PS3 Eye camera, such as resolution, frame rate, exposure, gain, etc.
- You can now use your PS3 Eye camera on Windows 10 with any application that supports webcams, such as Skype, Zoom, OBS, etc.
The advantages of using CL-Eye Driver are:
- It is free and easy to use.
- It works with most applications that support webcams.
- It allows you to adjust the settings of your PS3 Eye camera.
The disadvantages of using CL-Eye Driver are:
- It is buggy, slow, unmaintained and broken with every other Windows 10 update.[^1^]
- It may cause conflicts with other drivers or devices on your PC.
- It may not work with some games or programs that require specific drivers or features.
Method 2: Using PS3 Eye open driver
PS3 Eye open driver is an open source driver that allows you to use your PS3 Eye camera on Windows. It is faster and more stable than CL-Eye Driver, but it requires some technical skills to install and use. Here are the steps to use PS3 Eye open driver:
- Uninstall any existing closed-source driver for your PS3 Eye camera from your PC, such as CL-Eye Driver.
- Open the Windows Device Manager and find your PS3 Eye camera under “Other devices” or “Unknown devices”. Right-click on it and select “Uninstall device”.
- Download the libusb inf wizard from this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/220.127.116.11/libusb-win32-devel-filter-18.104.22.168.exe/download[^1^]
- Run the libusb inf wizard and follow the instructions to install the libusb filter driver for your PS3 Eye camera.
- Download opentrack from this link: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases/download/opentrack-2.3-stable/opentrack-2.3-stable-win32-setup.exe[^1^]
- Install opentrack on your PC and run it.
- Select “PS3 Eye” as the input source and choose your preferred output source (e.g., freetrack).