How to Get and Use a Toad For Oracle 11.6 License Key
Toad for Oracle is a powerful and comprehensive tool for database development and administration. It helps you simplify your workflow, improve code quality, optimize performance, and automate tasks. To use Toad for Oracle, you need a valid license key and a site message that are associated with your product version and edition.
In this article, we will explain how to get and use a Toad for Oracle 11.6 license key, which is the latest version as of April 2023. We will also cover some common issues and solutions related to licensing.
How to Get a Toad for Oracle 11.6 License Key
If you have purchased a commercial license for Toad for Oracle 11.6, you should have received an email from Quest with your license key and site message. The license key can be either a 21-digit numeric string or a 30+ character alphanumeric string. The site message is a case and space sensitive text that identifies your organization. You need both the license key and the site message to register your product.
If you have not received the email or lost it, you can retrieve your license key and site message from one of the following ways:
- From your previous installs of Toad for Oracle – go to HELP | Licensing. (This can only be done for version 10.6 and older.)
- Go to License Key Retrieval and enter your email address and license number.
- Contact Quest Support and provide your order number or customer ID.
If you want to try Toad for Oracle 11.6 for free, you can download a trial version from Quest.com. The trial version does not require a license key or a site message. You can use it for 30 days with full functionality.
How to Use a Toad for Oracle 11.6 License Key
Once you have your license key and site message, you can use them to register your product. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch Toad for Oracle 11.6.
- On the first screen, select “Enter License Key” and click “Next”.
- Enter your license key and site message in the corresponding fields. Make sure they match exactly with what you received from Quest.
- Click “Next” and follow the instructions to complete the registration.
You can also change your license key in an existing installation of Toad for Oracle 11.6 if you need to upgrade or renew your license. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch Toad for Oracle 11.6.
- Go to HELP | Licensing.
- Click “Change License”.
- Enter your new license key and site message in the corresponding fields. Make sure they match exactly with what you received from Quest.
- Click “OK” and restart Toad for Oracle 11.6.
Common Issues and Solutions Related to Licensing
Sometimes, you may encounter some issues or errors when trying to register or use your license key. Here are some common ones and how to solve them:
- If you receive an “Invalid Key” error message when trying to register a commercial license key, it may be because you are using a trial version of Toad for Oracle 11.6. Commercial keys will not work in trial versions. You need to download and install the commercial version from Quest Support Portal.
- If you receive an “Invalid Site Message” error message when trying to register a commercial license key, it may be because you entered the site message incorrectly. Make sure it matches exactly with what you received from Quest, including case and space sensitivity.
- If you receive an “Expired License” error message when trying to use Toad for Oracle 11