How to Install Intel 82801HB ICH8 High Definition Audio Driver on Windows 10
Intel 82801HB ICH8 is an I/O controller hub that supports various features such as PCI Express*, USB, SATA, IntelÂ® High Definition Audio (IntelÂ® HD Audio), and more. It is used in some IntelÂ® ICH8 family-based products, such as desktop and mobile platforms. If you have an Intel 82801HB ICH8-based device and want to enjoy high-quality sound on your Windows 10 system, you need to install the Intel 82801HB ICH8 high definition audio driver.
In this article, we will show you how to download and install the Intel 82801HB ICH8 high definition audio driver on Windows 10 in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Download the Intel 82801HB ICH8 High Definition Audio Driver
The first step is to download the Intel 82801HB ICH8 high definition audio driver from the official Intel website. You can use the following link to access the download page:
On the download page, scroll down to the section “Related Products” and click on the link “IntelÂ® 82801HB I/O Controller”. This will take you to the product support page for the Intel 82801HB I/O controller.
On the product support page, click on the tab “Downloads and Software” and then click on the link “Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for WindowsÂ® 10 & Windows 11* for IntelÂ® NUC12WS products”. This will take you to the download record page for the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver and IntelÂ® Smart Sound Technology (IntelÂ® SST) driver.
On the download record page, click on the button “Download” next to the file name “AUD-Win10_Win11-6.0.9373.1_iSST_10.29.00.7767.zip”. This will start downloading the zip file containing the driver files.
Step 2: Extract and Install the Intel 82801HB ICH8 High Definition Audio Driver
The next step is to extract and install the Intel 82801HB ICH8 high definition audio driver from the zip file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the downloaded zip file in your Downloads folder or any other location where you saved it.
- Right-click on the zip file and select “Extract All” from the context menu. This will open a dialog box where you can choose a destination folder for extracting the files.
- Choose a destination folder or use the default one and click on “Extract”. This will extract all the files from the zip file to the selected folder.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the file “Setup.exe”. This will launch the setup wizard for installing the driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. You may need to restart your computer after the installation is finished.
Step 3: Verify that the Intel 82801HB ICH8 High Definition Audio Driver is Working
The final step is to verify that the Intel 82801HB ICH8 high definition audio driver is working properly on your Windows 10 system. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the lower-right corner of your screen and select “Sounds” from the context menu. This will open a dialog box where you can manage your sound settings.
- Click on the tab “Playback” and make sure that your speakers or headphones are set as the default device. You can also test your sound by clicking on “Configure” or “Properties” and then clicking on “Test”. You should hear a sound from your speakers or headphones.
- If you have any problems with your sound, you can troubleshoot them by clicking on “Troubleshoot sound problems” at the bottom of the dialog box. This will launch a wizard that will help you diagnose and fix any sound issues.