How to Install Msr206 Usb Drivers and Software on Windows
The Msr206 is a magnetic stripe card reader and writer that can be connected to a computer via USB. It can read and write ISO 7811/1-6 standard cards, and supports various operating systems, including Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. However, to use the device properly, you need to install the correct drivers and software on your Windows PC.
In this article, we will show you how to download and install Msr206 Usb Drivers and Software 13, which is the latest version available as of April 2023. This version includes some bug fixes and performance improvements over the previous versions. Follow these steps to get started:
- Download Msr206 Usb Drivers and Software 13 from the official website of Unitech, the manufacturer of the device. You can find the download link at https://oemdrivers.com/card-reader-msr206. Alternatively, you can use this direct link: https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1870014. The file name is MSR206_20USB_20Driver.zip and it has a size of 720.2 KB.
- Extract the zip file to a folder on your computer. You will see several subfolders inside, such as Linux Driver, WIN98_ME_2K_XP, etc. Depending on your Windows version, choose the appropriate folder for your system. For example, if you are using Windows 10, you should use the WIN98_ME_2K_XP folder.
- Connect the Msr206 device to your computer via USB. Make sure it is powered on and ready to use.
- Open Device Manager on your computer. You can do this by right-clicking the Start menu and selecting Device Manager. Alternatively, you can use the Control Panel or the Search box to access Device Manager.
- Locate the Msr206 device under the Other devices category. It may have a yellow exclamation mark next to it, indicating that it is not recognized by Windows. Double-click on it to open its Properties dialog box.
- Select the Driver tab and click on the Update Driver button. Choose Browse my computer for driver software option and then click on Browse. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the zip file and select the SERSPL.INF file inside it. Click on Open and then Next.
- Windows will install the driver for the Msr206 device. You may see a warning message saying that Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver software. Click on Install this driver software anyway option to continue.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see a message saying that Windows has successfully updated your driver software. Click on Close and then OK.
- The Msr206 device should now be recognized by Windows and appear under the Ports (COM & LPT) category in Device Manager. You can check its properties to see its details and status.
- To use the device, you also need to install the software that comes with it. Go back to the folder where you extracted the zip file and run the DrvRemover.exe file. This will remove any previous versions of the software that may be installed on your computer.
- Then run the Setup.exe file inside the Software folder. This will launch the installation wizard for Msr206 Software 13. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is done, you can launch Msr206 Software 13 from your desktop or Start menu. You can use this software to read and write magnetic stripe cards using your Msr206 device.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Msr206 Usb Drivers and Software 13 on your Windows PC. Enjoy using your magnetic stripe card reader and writer!