Nang’umthokozisi: A Gospel Song by Spirit Of Praise and Mpumi Mtsweni
Nang’umthokozisi is a Zulu word that means “with the one who makes me happy”. It is also the title of a gospel song by South African music group Spirit Of Praise and singer Mpumi Mtsweni. The song is part of the Spirit Of Praise 8 album, which was released in 2022.
The song is a praise and worship song that expresses gratitude to God for his love and mercy. The lyrics say that God came from heaven to earth to cleanse all the sins in the heart and make them white as snow. The chorus says “Here is the one who makes me happy, who died for me on the cross, who was wounded because of me, here is the one who makes me happy”.
The song has a lively and upbeat tempo, with a blend of traditional and contemporary instruments. The vocals are powerful and harmonious, with Mpumi Mtsweni leading the chorus and Spirit Of Praise providing the backing vocals. The song has a catchy melody and a joyful mood that invites the listeners to join in the praise.
Nang’umthokozisi is a popular song among gospel music fans in South Africa and beyond. It has over 2 million views on YouTube and has received positive feedback from the audience. The song is also performed live at various events and concerts by Spirit Of Praise and Mpumi Mtsweni.
Nang’umthokozisi is a song that celebrates God’s goodness and grace in the lives of his people. It is a song that inspires hope and happiness in the midst of challenges and trials. It is a song that honors God as the source of joy and peace.
Spirit Of Praise is a gospel music project that was founded by Spirit Music Group, a Johannesburg-based music production and distribution company. Spirit Of Praise features some of the most prominent and talented gospel artists in South Africa, who collaborate to create uplifting and inspiring songs of worship.
The project started in 2008 with the release of Spirit Of Praise Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, which were recorded live at the Pretoria State Theater. Since then, Spirit Of Praise has released several more volumes of live recordings, as well as studio albums and compilations. Some of the artists who have participated in the project include Benjamin Dube, Zaza Mokheti, Tshepiso Mpotle, Omega Khunou, Papane, Dr. Tumi, Mmatema, Neyi Zimu, Dumi Mkokstad, Ayanda Ntanzi, Mpumi Mtsweni and many more.
Spirit Of Praise has won several awards and nominations for their music, such as the Crown Gospel Awards and the South African Music Awards. They have also performed at various events and concerts across the country and abroad, attracting large crowds of fans and followers. Their music is known for its diversity and quality, as they incorporate different styles and languages into their songs. They also have a strong message of faith and hope that resonates with many people.
Some of the songs that Spirit Of Praise has released over the years include No Other God, Make a Way, Jehova Retshepile, Thath’Indawo, Nang’umthokozisi, Nasempini, Calling You Jesus, Walk Upon the Water, Yingakho Ngicula, Ebenezer and many more. These songs have powerful lyrics that express the love, faithfulness, sovereignty and grace of God. They also have catchy tunes and melodies that make them easy to sing along and enjoy.
Some of the lyrics from their songs are:
- No Other God: “There is no other God who can love me like you do / There is no other God who can save me like you do / There is no other God who can heal me like you do / There is no other God who can set me free like you do”
- Make a Way: “You are the way maker / You are the miracle worker / You are the promise keeper / You are the light in the darkness / You make a way where there seems to be no way / You make a way where there seems to be no way”
- Jehova Retshepile: “Jehova retshepile wena / Jehova retshepile wena / Ke tla ho rapela ka mehla / Jehova retshepile wena” (Jehovah I trust in you / Jehovah I trust in you / I will pray to you every day / Jehovah I trust in you)
- Thath’Indawo: “Thath’indawo yakho enhlizweni yami / Thath’indawo yakho enhlizweni yami / Ngiyakudinga Nkosi yami / Thath’indawo yakho enhlizweni yami” (Take your place in my heart / Take your place in my heart / I need you my Lord / Take your place in my heart)
- Nang’umthokozisi: “Nangu mthokozisi o wasifela esiphambanweni / Wa linyazwa ngenxa yam’ nangu mthokozisi” (Here is the one who makes me happy who died for me on the cross / He was wounded because of me here is the one who makes me happy)