Panj Surah: A Collection of Five Chapters from the Holy Quran
Panj Surah is a term that refers to five chapters or surahs of the Holy Quran that are recited frequently by Muslims for various purposes. These surahs are Yasin, Rahman, Waqiah, Mulk and Jinn. They are considered to be among the most beautiful and powerful surahs of the Quran, containing many benefits and blessings for those who recite them.
The Panj Surah is available in PDF format for free download from various sources on the internet. One such source is the Internet Archive, which hosts several versions of the Panj Surah with Urdu translation and commentary. Some of these versions are:
- Panj Surah by PDF Yusuf Abd’il Qadir, published in 2013. This version has a simple and clear Urdu translation with minimal commentary. It can be accessed at this link.
- Panj Surah by unknown author, published in 2016. This version has a more detailed Urdu translation with some commentary and footnotes. It can be accessed at this link.
- Panj Surah in color (Ù¾ÙØ¬ Ø³ÙØ±Û) with Urdu tarjuma by @daiabi, published in 2021. This version has a colorful and attractive layout with a comprehensive Urdu translation and commentary. It also includes some helpful surahs, duroods and duas from Quran, Hadith and Awliya. It can be accessed at this link.
The Panj Surah is a valuable resource for Muslims who want to increase their knowledge and faith in Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him). It is recommended to recite these surahs regularly and with understanding, as they contain many lessons and reminders for the believers.
One of the main benefits of reciting the Panj Surah is that it contains many verses that have great rewards and virtues for the believers. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- Surah Yasin: This surah is known as the heart of the Quran and it has many blessings for those who recite it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Surah Yasin in the night seeking Allah’s pleasure, Allah would forgive him.” [Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Ibn Mardawaih] He also said, “Whoever recites Surah Yasin in the morning, his sins are forgiven and he is given the reward of performing a Hajj.” [Tirmidhi 2812/A & Dhahabi] He also said, “Whoever recites Surah Yasin for the sake of Allah, his past sins will be forgiven; so recite it on those who are dying.” [Baihaqi in Shuab Al-Iman] Reciting Surah Yasin also protects one from the afflictions of the grave and the punishment of Hellfire.
- Surah Rahman: This surah is known as the beauty of the Quran and it has many benefits for those who recite it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Surah Rahman, Allah will have mercy on his weaknesses and be regarded as having thanked Allah for it.” [Tafsir Ibn Kathir] He also said, “Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Qur’an is Surah Rahman.” [Bayhaqi in Shuab al-Iman] Reciting Surah Rahman also helps to cure diseases and ailments, and it brings peace and tranquility to the heart.
- Surah Waqiah: This surah is known as the surah of wealth and it has many benefits for those who recite it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Surah Waqiah at night will never encounter poverty.” [Ibn Sunni 620] He also said, “Surah Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children.” [Ibn Asakir] Reciting Surah Waqiah also protects one from calamities and misfortunes, and it grants one success and prosperity in this world and the next.
- Surah Mulk: This surah is known as the protector from the torment of the grave and it has many benefits for those who recite it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it until it puts him into paradise. It is Surah Mulk.” [Tirmidhi 2891/A & Dhahabi] He also said, “Surah Mulk is a prevention; it prevents from the punishment of the grave. It is in the Torah that whoever recites Surah Mulk has increased and become more fragrant.” [Nasai & Baihaqi] Reciting Surah Mulk also saves one from the trials of this life and the hereafter.
- Surah Jinn: This surah is known as the surah of protection from evil and it has many benefits for those who recite it. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Surah Jinn will be given a reward equal to that which was given to all those who believed in Muhammad (peace be upon him).” [Tabarani & Hakim] He also said, “Whoever recites Surah Jinn will be protected from harm by all creatures until he wakes up.” [Abu Nu’aym] Reciting Surah Jinn also helps to control one’s desires and passions, and it increases one’s faith and trust in Allah.
These are some of the benefits of reciting the Panj Surah. However, these benefits are not limited to these surahs only; rather every surah and verse of the Quran has its own merits and blessings for those who recite them with sincerity and understanding. Therefore, we should strive to recite as much of the Quran as we can and seek its guidance and light in our lives.