Rune Factory 4: A Guide to Farming, Fighting and Romance
Rune Factory 4 is a role-playing game that combines farming simulation with action-adventure elements. You play as a prince or princess who arrives in the town of Selphia and becomes involved in its affairs. You can grow crops, raise animals, craft items, explore dungeons, fight monsters, and romance one of twelve eligible bachelors or bachelorettes.
In this article, we will give you some tips and tricks on how to make the most of your Rune Factory 4 experience. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, you will find something useful here.
Farming is one of the main activities in Rune Factory 4. You can plant seeds in your fields and harvest them when they are ready. You can also use fertilizer, water pots, and sprinklers to improve your crops. Here are some farming tips to help you out:
- Plant seasonal crops. Different crops grow better in different seasons. For example, turnips grow well in spring, tomatoes grow well in summer, yams grow well in autumn, and strawberries grow well in winter. You can check the seasonality of each crop in the seed description.
- Rotate your crops. Planting the same crop over and over will deplete the soil quality and reduce your yield. To avoid this, you should rotate your crops every season. For example, if you plant turnips in spring, plant potatoes in summer, carrots in autumn, and cabbage in winter.
- Upgrade your tools. As you progress in the game, you will be able to upgrade your farming tools with materials you find or buy. Upgraded tools can perform better functions, such as tilling more soil at once, watering more crops at once, or harvesting more crops at once.
- Use your monsters. You can tame monsters you encounter in dungeons and bring them back to your barn. Some monsters can help you with farming tasks, such as plowing, watering, harvesting, or producing milk or eggs. You can assign them to specific fields or let them roam freely.
Fighting is another main activity in Rune Factory 4. You can equip weapons, armor, and accessories to enhance your combat abilities. You can also use magic spells, skills, and items to deal damage or heal yourself. Here are some fighting tips to help you out:
- Choose your weapon wisely. There are six types of weapons in Rune Factory 4: swords, dual blades, spears, hammers, axes, and fists. Each weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as range, speed, power, and special effects. You should experiment with different weapons and find the one that suits your playstyle.
- Level up your skills. As you use your weapons and magic spells, you will gain skill points that increase your proficiency with them. Higher skill levels will unlock new abilities and improve your performance. You can check your skill levels in the status menu.
- Bring allies with you. You can recruit up to two allies to join you in dungeons. These can be either townspeople or monsters. Allies will fight alongside you and provide support with their own skills and items. You can also give them orders or swap places with them during battle.
- Prepare for boss battles. Bosses are powerful enemies that guard the end of each dungeon. They have high health and deal massive damage. You should prepare for boss battles by stocking up on healing items, equipping the best gear you have, and bringing strong allies with you.
Romance is an optional but enjoyable aspect of Rune Factory 4. You can date and marry one of six male or six female characters in the game. Each character has their own personality, likes and dislikes, and events that trigger their affection for you. Here are some romance tips to help you out:
- Talk to them every day. The simplest way to increase your relationship with someone is to talk to them every day. This will raise their friendship level (FP) and love level (LP) with you gradually. You can check their FP and LP in the status menu.
- Give them gifts they like. Another way to increase your relationship with someone is to give them gifts they like. Different characters have different preferences for gifts, such as flowers,