Subnautica: Below Zero – A Freezing Underwater Adventure on an Alien Planet
Subnautica: Below Zero is a survival game developed and published by Unknown Worlds Entertainment. It is a sequel to the award-winning Subnautica, set two years after the original game. In Subnautica: Below Zero, you play as a researcher who returns to Planet 4546B to investigate a mysterious incident that happened to your sister.
Planet 4546B is an ocean world with diverse and exotic biomes. You will explore the arctic region of the planet, where you will encounter new creatures, environments, and challenges. You will have to build habitats, craft tools, and dive deeper into the world of Subnautica: Below Zero.
Subnautica: Below Zero is a game that combines exploration, survival, and story. You will discover the secrets of Planet 4546B and its inhabitants, while trying to survive the harsh conditions. You will also have to deal with the threats of the alien wildlife and a deadly cover-up by Alterra Corporation.
Subnautica: Below Zero is available on Steam, Epic, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. You can buy it now and dive into a freezing underwater adventure on an alien planet.
Some of the new features that Below Zero offers are:
- New creatures: Below Zero introduces many new alien lifeforms to encounter, some friendly and some hostile. You will meet the majestic Titan Holefish, the adorable Pengwing, the mysterious Shadow Leviathan, and many more. Some of the creatures can even communicate with you telepathically, revealing more about the lore of the planet.
- New vehicles: Besides the Seatruck, you can also ride a Snowfox hoverbike on land, which is useful for traversing the icy terrain and avoiding predators. You can also customize your vehicles with different colors and decals to suit your style.
- New tools and equipment: Below Zero features a headlamp for deep-sea exploration, so there is no longer a need for a flashlight underwater. The cold suit is an early game item that can be crafted for extra cold protection. Another new item is the Booster Tank, which propels you through the water at the cost of oxygen.
- New story and characters: Below Zero has a more narrative-driven approach than Subnautica, with fully voiced dialogue and cutscenes. You will interact with various characters, both human and alien, who will help or hinder your progress. You will also uncover the secrets of an ancient alien civilization that once inhabited the planet.
Subnautica: Below Zero is a game that offers a lot of new content and challenges for fans of Subnautica and newcomers alike. If you are looking for a thrilling and immersive underwater adventure on an alien planet, you should definitely check out this game.
If you are new to Subnautica: Below Zero, you may find it challenging to survive and explore the alien ocean world. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you get started and make your adventure more enjoyable.
- Highlight your interactables for easy resource gathering. In the options menu, you can enable a feature that adds a colored outline to the resources that you can harvest. This will make it easier to spot them in the dark or murky water.
- Don’t dive too deep at first. Your oxygen level will decrease faster the deeper you go, and you may encounter dangerous creatures or environments. Stick to the shallow areas until you upgrade your equipment and gain more confidence.
- You need a knife to collect plants. One of the first tools you should craft is a survival knife, which allows you to cut down plants and obtain useful materials like fiber mesh and creepvine samples. You can also use the knife to defend yourself against hostile fauna.
- Make an upgraded oxygen tank as soon as you can. The more oxygen you have, the longer you can stay underwater and explore. You will need titanium and fiber mesh to craft an upgraded oxygen tank, which will double your oxygen capacity.
- Pay attention to item sizes in your inventory. Different items take up different amounts of space in your inventory, so make sure you manage your storage efficiently. You can craft storage containers or lockers to store excess items, or craft resources into smaller items like rubber or glass.
- Don’t make too much food. Food will spoil over time, so it’s better to cook it when you need it. You can catch fish and cook them in your fabricator, or eat fruits or mushrooms that don’t spoil. You can also use a salt deposit and a coral tube sample to make cured fish, which last longer.
- Look out for ice floes. Some areas of the ocean are covered by ice floes, which can block your way to the surface and prevent you from replenishing your oxygen. Make sure you have a clear path to the surface before diving deep, or use vehicles or plants that provide oxygen underwater.
Subnautica: Below Zero is a game that rewards exploration and experimentation. You will discover new biomes, creatures, and secrets as you dive deeper into the world of 4546B. With these tips and tricks, you will be able to survive and thrive in this freezing underwater adventure.