Will the Game Pass announce that Ubisoft is joining Game Pass?
Xbox Game Pass is one of the most popular and valuable gaming subscription services in the industry, offering unlimited access to hundreds of high-quality games on console, PC, and cloud for a monthly fee. Ubisoft is one of the most renowned and prolific game developers and publishers in the industry, creating iconic franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Tom Clancy’s, Watch Dogs, and more. What if these two giants joined forces and brought Ubisoft’s games to Game Pass? This is the question that many gamers are asking, as rumors and speculations abound about a possible partnership between Microsoft and Ubisoft. In this article, we will explore what Xbox Game Pass and Ubisoft are, what they offer to gamers, and what are the benefits and challenges of a potential collaboration.
How Xbox Game Pass works and what it offers to subscribers
Xbox Game Pass is a gaming subscription service that gives you access to over 100 games on your Xbox console, Windows PC, or mobile device through cloud streaming. You can download or stream games from a variety of genres, including action, adventure, RPG, strategy, simulation, sports, racing, puzzle, indie, and more. You can also play new games from Xbox Game Studios on the day of their release, such as Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, Redfall, Fable, Avowed, and more.
Xbox Game Pass has three different plans to choose from:
- Xbox Game Pass for Console: $9.99/month. This plan gives you access to over 100 games on your Xbox console.
- Xbox Game Pass for PC: $9.99/month. This plan gives you access to over 100 games on your Windows PC.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: $14.99/month. This plan gives you access to over 100 games on your Xbox console, Windows PC, and mobile device through cloud streaming. It also includes Xbox Live Gold, which lets you play online multiplayer games and get free games every month. It also includes EA Play, which gives you access to a library of EA games on console and PC, as well as exclusive rewards and discounts. It also includes perks such as in-game content, consumables, partner offers, and more.
With Xbox Game Pass, you can also enjoy features such as cloud gaming and cross-platform play. Cloud gaming lets you stream games from the cloud to your Android phone or tablet, iOS device, or Windows PC without downloading them. You can play games on the go or switch devices seamlessly without losing your progress. Cross-platform play lets you play with or against other players across different devices and platforms. You can join your friends on Xbox Live or other networks such as Steam or Epic Games Store.
Xbox Game Pass also offers perks and discounts to its subscribers. You can get up to 20% off on games in the Game Pass library, up to 10% off on DLCs and add-ons, up to 75% off on Xbox games and accessories, and up to 50% off on Xbox Game Studios titles. You can also get free trials and discounts on other subscription services such as Disney+, Spotify, Netflix, and more.
How Ubisoft works and what it offers to gamers
Ubisoft is one of the leading game developers and publishers in the industry, with a history of over 35 years and a portfolio of over 500 games. Ubisoft is known for creating some of the most popular and acclaimed franchises in gaming, such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Tom Clancy’s, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rayman, Prince of Persia, and more. Ubisoft’s games span across various genres, such as action, adventure, RPG, shooter, stealth, strategy, simulation, sports, music, party, and more.
Ubisoft also has its own subscription service called Ubisoft+, which gives you unlimited access to over 100 Ubisoft games on PC and cloud for $14.99/month. With Ubisoft+, you can play new games from Ubisoft on the day of their release, such as Far Cry 6, Riders Republic, Rainbow Six Extraction, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and more. You can also play premium editions of games with all DLCs and expansions included, such as Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition, Watch Dogs Legion Ultimate Edition, Immortals Fenyx Rising Gold Edition, and more.
Ubisoft+ also supports cross-play and cross-progression features for some of its games. Cross-play lets you play with or against other players across different platforms and devices. Cross-progression lets you save your game progress across different platforms and devices. For example, you can play Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on your PC with Ubisoft+, then switch to your Xbox console or Android phone with cloud streaming and continue where you left off.
Ubisoft+ also offers rewards and discounts to its subscribers. You can get up to 20% off on Ubisoft Store purchases, up to 10% off on in-game purchases, and access to exclusive content and events. You can also earn Units by playing Ubisoft games, which you can use to redeem more rewards such as in-game items, wallpapers, soundtracks, and more.
How Ubisoft joining Game Pass would benefit both parties and gamers
Ubisoft joining Game Pass would be a huge win for both Microsoft and Ubisoft, as well as for gamers. Here are some of the benefits and challenges of such a partnership:
- Increased exposure and revenue for Ubisoft games. By bringing its games to Game Pass, Ubisoft would reach a wider audience of gamers who may not have played or purchased its games before. This would increase the popularity and recognition of its franchises and generate more revenue from in-game purchases and DLCs. Ubisoft would also receive a cut of the Game Pass subscription fee from Microsoft.
- More value and variety for Game Pass subscribers. By adding Ubisoft games to Game Pass, Microsoft would enhance the value and variety of its service. Game Pass subscribers would have access to more games from different genres and styles, including some of the best AAA titles in the industry. Game Pass subscribers would also save money by not having to buy Ubisoft games separately or subscribe to Ubisoft+.
- Enhanced gaming experience with cloud streaming and cross-play. By integrating Ubisoft+ with Game Pass Ultimate, Microsoft and Ubisoft would offer a seamless gaming experience across different platforms and devices. Gamers would be able to stream Ubisoft games from the cloud to their Xbox console, PC, or mobile device without downloading them. Gamers would also be able to play with or against other players across different platforms and devices.
- Potential cannibalization of Ubisoft+ subscribers. By joining Game Pass, Ubisoft may risk losing some of its existing or potential subscribers to its own service. Some gamers may prefer to pay for Game Pass Ultimate instead of Ubisoft+, as it offers more games from other publishers as well as other benefits such as Xbox Live Gold and EA Play. Ubisoft may have to adjust its pricing or features to compete with Game Pass Ultimate.
- Potential loss of exclusivity or control over Ubisoft games. By joining Game Pass, Ubisoft may have to abide by some terms or conditions imposed by Microsoft regarding its games. For example, Microsoft may require that Ubisoft games be available on Game Pass on the day of their release or for a certain period of time. Microsoft may also have some influence over the development or marketing of Ubisoft games.
- Potential backlash from other publishers or platforms. By joining Game Pass, Ubisoft may face some criticism or opposition from other publishers or platforms that compete with Microsoft or Game Pass. For example, Sony or Nintendo may not be happy that some of their exclusive or timed-exclusive deals with Ubisoft are undermined by Game Pass. Steam or Epic Games Store may not be pleased that some of their customers are lured away by Game Pass. Other publishers may also feel pressured or threatened by the dominance of Game Pass and Ubisoft in the gaming market.
Ubisoft joining Game Pass would be a game-changer for the gaming industry, as it would create a powerful alliance between two of the biggest players in the field. It would also offer a great deal of value and variety to gamers, who would be able to enjoy hundreds of games from different genres and styles on different platforms and devices. However, such a partnership would also pose some challenges and risks for both Microsoft and Ubisoft, as well as for other publishers and platforms. It would require careful negotiation and cooperation to balance the interests and expectations of all parties involved.
As of now, there is no official confirmation or announcement from either Microsoft or Ubisoft about Ubisoft joining Game Pass. However, there are some signs and hints that suggest that it may happen in the near future. For example, Ubisoft has recently added some of its older games to Game Pass, such as Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, and Splinter Cell Conviction. Ubisoft has also expressed its interest in expanding its reach and audience through cloud gaming and subscription services. Microsoft has also shown its willingness to partner with other publishers and platforms, such as EA, Bethesda, Sega, and Nintendo.
In my opinion, I think that Ubisoft joining Game Pass is a very likely scenario, as it would benefit both companies and gamers in the long run. I think that it would be a smart move for Ubisoft to leverage the popularity and reach of Game Pass to boost its games and brand. I also think that it would be a wise move for Microsoft to add more value and variety to its service by including Ubisoft’s games. I think that it would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.
What do you think? Do you think that Ubisoft will join Game Pass? Do you think that it would be a good or bad thing for the gaming industry? Let me know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
What are some of the best Ubisoft games?
Some of the best Ubisoft games are:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: An action-adventure RPG set in the Viking era, where you play as Eivor, a legendary Viking warrior who leads his clan to settle in England.
- Far Cry 6: An open-world shooter set in a fictional Caribbean island called Yara, where you play as Dani Rojas, a guerrilla fighter who joins a revolution against a tyrannical dictator.
- Watch Dogs Legion: An open-world action-adventure game set in a dystopian London, where you can recruit and play as anyone in the city to fight against a corrupt regime.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege: A tactical shooter game that focuses on online multiplayer modes, where you can play as various operators from different counter-terrorism units.
- Just Dance 2022: A rhythm game that lets you dance to over 40 songs from various genres and artists, using your smartphone or motion controller as a sensor.
How can I play Ubisoft games on PC?
You can play Ubisoft games on PC by either buying them from online stores such as Steam or Epic Games Store, or by subscribing to Ubisoft+. Ubisoft+ is a subscription service that gives you unlimited access to over 100 Ubisoft games on PC and cloud for $14.99/month. You can also stream Ubisoft games from the cloud to your PC using services such as Amazon Luna or Google Stadia.
How can I get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?
You can get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate by either paying $14.99/month or by redeeming a code or gift card. You can also get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free for one month if you are a new subscriber or if you upgrade from another plan. You can also get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free or at a discounted price by participating in promotions or offers from Microsoft or its partners.
How can I stream games from Game Pass to my devices?
You can stream games from Game Pass to your devices by using cloud gaming. Cloud gaming is a feature of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate that lets you stream games from the cloud to your Android phone or tablet, iOS device, or Windows PC without downloading them. You need a compatible device, a stable internet connection, and a Bluetooth controller to use cloud gaming. You can access cloud gaming by downloading the Xbox app on your device and signing in with your Xbox account.
How can I cancel my Game Pass or Ubisoft+ subscription?
You can cancel your Game Pass or Ubisoft+ subscription at any time by going to the subscription settings on your Xbox console, Windows PC, or web browser. You can also manage your subscriptions by signing in to your Microsoft account or Ubisoft account online. You will not be charged for the next billing cycle after you cancel your subscription. However, you will lose access to the games and features of the subscription service at the end of your current billing cycle.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and learned something new about Xbox Game Pass and Ubisoft. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for your time and attention.